Sunday, August 17, 2008

Some new pictures

Here are some new pictures...

I've been playing with panoramas quite a bit lately...
skyline pano

the go train
601

I think the kid in the background here was mesmerized by ryan's beard and hair. She didn't stop staring at him the entire time we ate these wonderful tacos. I discovered this new tortilleria shortly after coming home from traveling but didn't try it until a bunch of co-workers brought me there for lunch. It's pretty good - you can get 4 tacos of any kind (they have about 8 varieties) for $8.50. They're tasty. And the tortillas are fresh. Mmm... mole tacos... oh and the chorizo ones are pretty amazing too!
tacos

Igor Kenk's store on Queen West that was recently raided by the police as part of the crackdown on stolen bikes in the city. I cannot understand how this shop managed to remain open for so long without the police ever getting involved. I remember shortly after moving into the area seeing a man running down the street toward this shop with half a bicycle - it had obviously been sawed in half... I quickly realized that my bikes would need to be locked up inside somewhere.
Center for Poor Karma and Pain Research

Ryan and I will be printing some pictures up in large format in the next little while to put up on our wall at home. It's time to get something up there that isn't posters we have from University. We've been going through them and trying to decide which ones to print out. I really want to print out the Go Train one I posted above. We may print out the panorama as well. I think a lot of them will be pictures that I posted during our trip - there is a very good night shot of Hong Kong that we're printing out. We'll see. Once I know which ones I'm printing I'll post them here. The printing will actually be fairly inexpensive... framing them will be a different story... unless I'm feeling crafty enough to make some frames... we'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is this taco place?
Burrito Boyz is good and now I'm looking for something else

monique said...

It's a bit of hike from the core - it's over in Kensington on a small street called Wales (address is 68 Wales ave). It's actually right near Toronto Western Hospital (near Bathurst.)

Anonymous said...

Oh I think I've gone past that place! It's a bit too far for lunch though.