Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ippudo!

We went out for some ramen tonight at a place recommended by the owners of the hostel we're staying at here.

Oh. My. God. These ramen were amazing. A-MAZING! The pork melted in my mouth. The noodles weren't too thick, the broth was rich. So good.

We also had some gyoza which were by far the best dumplings I've ever had. This made me sad because I love Mother's Dumplings in Toronto and now I know their dumplings (eventhough they aren't the same kind) will never measure up to these gyozas! Ryan agreed that it was good.

We then noticed that this place has a location in New York! So if ever you're in New York and want an awesome ramen, try Ippudo NY (65 Fourth avenue - I have their card). Oh yeah, and the place was packed, completely unintimidating, not too expensive and was playing some pretty cool jazz. I know I'm going to look for it next time I'm in NYC. It may not be the same but if it's at all like what I had tonight I'd be happy!

No comments: