Monday, April 21, 2008

Ko Phangan

So we've been in Ko Phangan for a few days now. It's been pretty crazy here. We've watched tourists arrive for the Full Moon Party and now that it's over everyone is leaving. For once the beach is actually quite peaceful tonight - a pretty big change from last night's craziness.

Last night was the Full Moon Party here - this was one of my reasons for wanting to come. It was pretty ridiculous and kind of turned me off of the whole thing. Ryan and I ended up 'finding' (it's hard to miss) the Mountain Bar and spending most of the night there. The music in the bar was really good (I actually went up to the DJ just before we left to let him know that I thought his set was really good and to thank him - I'm not sure how much of that he actually understood over the booming bass and his being Thai and all). The music on the beach was what you would expect... your top 40 house tracks repeating over and over until you just want to scream (I keep waking up in the morning with these horrible songs in my head!) The beach was pretty disgusting this morning - bottles, flip flops everywhere...

I wish I could write more but once again I'm being ushered away from the computer (the internet is closing). I went snorkeling for the first time yesterday and it was all kinds of awesome (once I stopped breathing in water). Anyway, I guess the rest of this post will have to wait until tomorrow... Pictures are coming... I promise... Argh... this is really frustrating!

No comments: