Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

I was reading a blog a few days ago and found something that got me thinking. It was a twist on the old "new year's resolutions". I'm not huge on the whole new year's resolution thing - I'd like to think that if I really want to get something done, I would have the will to do it without having to wait until the new year to start getting it done... I guess it's important to set goals for yourself - I just don't know that you should only assess yourself once a year...

Anyway, the person was trying to answer the following 3 questions:
1) What is the best thing that happened to you in 2008?
2) What is the worst thing that happened to you in 2008?
3) What do you want to see happen in 2009?

It got me thinking about 2008...
I'll try to give some of my answers (at least the "general public friendly" answers):
1) I think this one is a tie: a) Leaving the company I'd worked at for almost 7 years (not all full-time) and b) going traveling.
2) hmmm... a few things have happened. I'll just go with coming home from traveling and realizing that I needed to get a job and get back to the grind.
3) more traveling, more photography, more music... (if only I could figure out a way of making all three of those work together...)

I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Eve. I know I did. I spent it at a few people's houses celebrating with old friends while making new ones.

This coming year should definitely be interesting...

Happy New Year!

No comments: