Thursday, January 29, 2009

on tonight's menu: Evil Nine

Probably one of my favourite breaks producers (next to the Warriors) are in town tonight. They're going to be spinning at the Social. Just a hop skip and a jump away from my place. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I found out about an hour ago that I'm hosting the pre-party. Yikes!

I haven't been out in what feels like ages. I'm afraid I'm going to fizzle. I'm sure the energy of the crowd (if there is any - more snow in the city! when will it ever end?) will keep me going 'til late.


Saturday night my favourite DJ will be spinning at Footwork. Oh James Holden, how I love thee. I realized a while ago that it really wasn't James that I loved but rather Nathan Fake - one of the producers on James' label that James seems to mix quite a bit of. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that Holden will never match the Nathan Fake set I once saw a few years ago.

Anyway, gotta go, someone's already at the door!?

No comments: