Saturday, January 03, 2009

Psychological Torture

A man came up to me today while I stood on a street corner waiting for the light to change and started talking to me [at me] about psychological torture. The light changed and I was on my way but before I did, I looked at him, tried to make eye contact but I couldn't quite reach him. He was speaking in my direction, had come over to where I was standing but was looking off into space. I was intrigued by what he was going to tell me but at the same time quickly realized that it would most likely not make much sense. I kind of felt bad for walking away - this must happen to him a lot... but I was on a mission. I found myself chasing a rally / protest happening downtown.

Anti-Israeli Protest

Taking pictures in Toronto these days requires that I keep moving because it's just too cold to stand still. And really, there aren't many people out so other than taking pictures of snow, half-deserted streets, or random protests there just isn't much out there.

I realized today that the next couple of months will go by quickly and that I really need to start planning my trip to Paris. I keep forgetting that this is actually happening. I need figure out whether or not to stay in a hostel or with my friend, when I'm going to leave, come back and what I am going to do while I am there. I will probably only have a week there so I need to have it planned out so that I don't miss anything. I've been wanting to look at pictures on Flickr to get ideas but instead I find myself looking at pictures from China, Japan, and Korea...

Focus, Monique, Focus.

No comments: