Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hong Kong Pictures...

I finally spent some time today getting pictures onto the intarweb for you guys.

I've been feeling sick for the last two days... it started with digestive issues which now have me on high alert when it comes to street foods (there's a lot of street food here and it's pretty good)... and then it turned into a runny nose and headache.

I took the overnight train back to Bangkok from Chiang Mai last night and didn't sleep well at all. At one point I actually thought I had a fever because it got so hot (I then realized that in an attempt to keep out the train's lights, I'd essentially boxed myself in and was running out of fresh air - hence the unbearable heat). I ended up finally giving up at 3:30am and listening to the Eckhart Tolle book that Peter gave me. Thanks Peter - I've been enjoying it quite a bit. It's funny and kind of cool because I'd been reading a book of his lately (I left it at home though).

After walking around this afternoon and shopping a bit with Anna (a girl I met on the tour) I opted to go back to the hotel and sleep for a bit... I woke up a few hours later and here I am! I've also taken some meds to help clear up my sinuses... I think they're kind of helping. The headache seems to be gone. I'm thinking maybe this is pollution related... hopefully it'll be gone when I get to Phuket tomorrow.

I'm starting to think that I don't really like Bangkok... people here (locals) seem much more high strung than the other places I've visited in Thailand. It seems like you constantly have to be on guard for scams here... they're everywhere and it really is starting to wear on me.


Okay... enough talk... pictures... (thanks again Jeremy for your help on this one... I've got it down to a science now and also found a better internet cafe (cheaper, faster and right near my hotel) and where I can upload the pics to picasa using the picasa app.)

The Hong Kong MTR at 7am:


Victoria Peak at 7:15am on a hazy day:


Cool buildings:


Graham Street:



Eating at the nightmarket:


Star Ferry on the way back to Hong Kong Island:


It was really humid in Hong Kong so my hair was all over the place when I first got there:


Definitely alive:


This is both a picture of my room and of my hair after I've managed to tame it (notice, there's a full length mirror if you lay down on the bed? also, the bathroom has a window to the bed in it... very interesting...)


Sunday in Hong Kong:






I have more Hong Kong pictures (better ones) which I will post some other time... My Hong Kong memory card is pretty full so creating copies of the pictures on the card requires me to work on them in batches...

No comments: