Thursday, May 15, 2008

One last day in Japan

Today's our last day in Japan. As I sit here and see the sun rising over Tokyo from my little cubicle on the 12th floor of this internet cafe I can't help but think that this trip has been pretty crazy. Oddly enough, for some reason my sitting here seems very fitting - how many nights have been spent sleeping in some uncomfortable semi-double bed, single bed, not sleeping at all, waiting for trains, being tossed around on trains in Thailand, waiting for a rat...?

I'm looking forward to one last night in a ryokan (we took care of booking our places to stay for the rest of our trip today) before heading out to Hong Kong. I'm tired, I've slept maybe an hour, maybe two? - I hope Ryan did better in his cubicle. There is some relief in knowing that until I get home on Tuesday night we will have pillows under our heads every night.

I'm in a very Nathan Fake kind of mood right now...

No comments: