Thursday, May 08, 2008

sick again.

I woke up this morning at about 4am feeling really horrible. My head was pounding, my sinuses were sore and I thought I was going to be sick. I finally managed to roll out of bed at about 11am after taking some sinus and cold meds. I don't know what was wrong but I felt better after the pill kicked in and am still doing okay...

We kind of kept it low key today - we're in Kyoto now (have been for the last couple of days). We went to a temple / shrine up in the hills (I kind of got carried away and thought there there were more in the hills so I started walking and walking and Ryan finally burst my bubble and told me that we'd seen all there was to see).

Anyway... time to play some picture catch-up.

Kagoshima:
It doesn't look like much but this was my favorite hotel room (it was in a ryokan) we've stayed at. The tatami mat smelled so good... and the matress was just right.


The volcanoes


Cats... there were lots of these.


And even more jelly fish


From our adventure on Sakurajima


Passion lives here


Waiting out the rain


Plastic Bag Man
Special Power: Non-combustible!


This is before I was tought how to eat this stuff...


Grass on the streetcar lanes in Kagoshima!


Miyazaki
I'm in love


Aoshima


The surfing is good... if you don't mind jelly fish




Sata San!




A robot in Hakata (Fukuoka)


Golden week dancing and singing acts we stumbled upon before heading back from Fukuoka




My personal favorite - it was much too short and somehow the music is still stuck in my head


Some more dancing

No comments: