Thursday, May 15, 2008

Yokohama

Yesterday we went into Yokohama. It just so happened that we booked a hotel that was right next to the stadium. As we went to our hotel we noticed people all decked out in baseball gear... so of course we had to go! It was the Yokohama Bay Stars vs. the Giants (from Tokyo - I don't know their official name - I think they're named after some sponsor).

Our beer came with peanuts and fish

The fish were weird - kind of sweet and kind of salty but definitely fishy. Oh, right, I'm most definitely over my food problems from earlier this week - I'm back to eating all kinds of weird things - except I'm staying away from anything that looks like omelettes or whipped egg whites. It's definitely a texture thing...

The crowd really reminded me of the crowds at TFC (our football... err, soccer team) games. I think they must've paid people to cheer in the crowd because it was really loud for the whole game. There were people with trumpets and drums in the crowd.

The Bay Stars won... It was a long game - all of the action happening in the 2nd inning (went from 0-0 to 5-1 in the 2nd) which made the rest of the game pretty long and boring and kind of cold.

And then we went sightseeing early in the day before heading back to Tokyo.


No comments: